Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Master RV in the Park

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Service Master RV in the Park Reply with quote

Ladies & Gentlemen,

The Service Master RV has left the Park earlier this week for a campground that NOW has room for them.

As some of you may know, we have an owner of a Service Master Franchise within Section 1. Immediately after Hurricane Ike hit, Steve Hill and his crews were working hard to tarp our roofs and dry out our houses and board up windows (myself included). They only just began this franchise earlier this year and service all of Brazoria County. After IKE hit, several other Service Master franchises came down to help. One such franchise came all the way from Georgia. The nearest available campgrounds were 95 miles away. We (the board) agreed it best that this Georgia franchise be allowed to park their trailer in the park until other more suitable lodgings could be found. In the first week this Georgia franchise was working strictly in OUR neighborhoods and then strictly in Pearland. THE PEOPLE CAME TO HELP!!!

Here is my complaint: During the Georgia Franchise brief stay in our park, several homeowners did the following to show their hospitality:

1) Blew their horns in the middle of the night while passing the RV (men who had been working 15 hours per day for our betterment) .
2) Threw rocks and cans at the RV during the night.
3) Cut to pieces the hose that Steve and Heather Hill had loaned to the RV for water.

I am very dissappointed that there are people who would do this in our neighborhood. We are lucky we have not been placed on the news as a "Neighborhood that runs HELP out of town".

While letting that RV stay in the park for a brief time was against deed restrictions, it was thought best in the spirit of humanitarian aid to our neighbors that suffered damage. My nieghbor alone lost 75% of his roof and ceilings and has been living with us ever since. If you did not suffer any damage, God bless you.

As there still are a couple of RV's belonging to insurance adjusters in our neighborhoods, we have contacted the local Pearland Police Department to increase their patrols in our neighborhoods to curb the petty vandalism and destruction of property.

If I was a bit too harsh in this letter to you all, I do sincerely apologize. I jave felt just extreme dissappointment after so many in our neighborhoods have come together and helped each other. I now know more of my fellow neighbors than ever before.

Sincerely,
scruffydog4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: People rude to helpers after the storm Reply with quote

Rob, after reading your post about the un-kindness of this community to people who came to help us after the storm, I have to say that you have NOT been too harsh. This is a shame. I support you on your decision to allow the RV to stay - and anyone who was ignornant enough to throw items and honk horns should be damned ashamed of themselves. One look first hand at San Leon, Seabrook and Galveston and these people would be happy to see someone here to help.

Thank you for your strong words. In my opinion, they were not strong enough. I am embarassed to have these kind of people for my neighbors. Please continue to stick up for what you believe is right.

Wanda Tamplain
6207 Larrycrest Dr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: