Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CUT YOUR GRASS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmhigh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: CUT YOUR GRASS Reply with quote

Why is it that nothing gets done for those who do not cut their grass. There is a yard across from us that has not cut their grass for months. They have cars in their driveway with flat tires that have not been moved in months. They have roof shingles in their driveway from the storm and they cannot even pick those up. All of the neighbors around here are SICK and TIRED of this. Why does the association not do anything about it??? Why can you not hire someone to cut their grass and send them a bill. Please we are begging you to do something about this. This is our neighborhood our homes and we want it to look nice.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey... if you look a couple of messages down, there's a similar complaint that Rob replied to. The fact is that the HOA and the management company (HCMS) DOES notice yards that do not get cut, but there is a process that must be followed before we can take any action on it. Three letters have to be sent out with a certain amount of time between them, and the homeowner has to be given a chance to correct the problem.

It usually takes a couple of months to get to the point where we can take action if the house is occupied. If the home is vacant, we may force mow the lot.

On a personal note (not representative of the HOA, just me), I'm a big advocate of offering to cut the grass for them, or just cutting it. The neighborhood I came from, people were very friendly, and instead of spending 15 minutes complaining about a neighbor's yard, they'd spend 15 minutes cutting their yard for them. I know this is not a popular opinion, but I think it would lead to a better community rather than just a collection of people who live in close proximity.

Just remember that there could be a number of situations that could be keeping them from cutting their grass. I know my lawnmower very literally blew up a few months ago and I didn't have a means to cut my grass for a month while it was off for warranty repair.

Back to the HOA perspective, I understand where you're coming from, and I forwarded this complaint on to the management company and the rest of the board. If you wanted to contact the management company directly, you could call Anthony... his number is 832-864-1272.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: