Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Driveways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tararod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Driveways Reply with quote

Why do so many people park in the streets and not in their driveways. We have super narrow streets as it is and to weave from side to side to avoid all the parked cars in the street is unsafe. I understand if you already have cars parked in the driveway or if you are having people over, that's different......I'm talking about in section 2 when you try to drive down Larrycrest and turn onto Kale St. There is always that big ARS truck parked in the street (I thought HOA prohibited big work vehicles in the neighborhood overnight) and other cars that park in front of their homes instead of the driveway. Our streets are too narrow to accommodate the traffic while cars are parked all over like it's a parking lot.
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOA documents do not prohibit homeowners from parking on the streets in front of their homes, we do however send notices to the homeowners we see that may be abusing this opportunity. Also, if you are noticing a specific commercial truck/vehicle being parked in front of one particular home, feel free to provide us with the address and we can investigate and take action if necessary. We ask that you send these complaints directly to the management company. Details as follows:

Anthony Snyder
Association Manager, CMCA
Houston Community Management
17049 El Camino Real, #100
Houston, Texas 77058
Direct # : 832-864-1272
Robinson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Parking on Street Overnight Reply with quote

As a follow-up to this topic; while the deed does not prohibit anyone from parking in front of their home, it DOES prevent vehicles from being parked on the streets overnight. The implied philosophy is to permit individuals to park on the street during the day and move the cars to a garage or driveway at night. This is becoming a major problem that needs to be corrected. Parking on the streets overnight does make the community look bad.

Section 2.02 - Vehicular Parking and Access
latishaodell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Parking on Street Overnight Reply with quote

Robinson wrote:
As a follow-up to this topic; while the deed does not prohibit anyone from parking in front of their home, it DOES prevent vehicles from being parked on the streets overnight. The implied philosophy is to permit individuals to park on the street during the day and move the cars to a garage or driveway at night. This is becoming a major problem that needs to be corrected. Parking on the streets overnight does make the community look bad.

Section 2.02 - Vehicular Parking and Access

While I appreciate your input regarding this problem, I'd prefer the speed limit issue be addressed first and foremost.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rob is addressing the speed limit/speed bump issue in another thread, but I'll reiterate that the speed limits are set by the city. We can discuss that more in that thread, I guess.

As far as the parking on the street overnight, I had missed that clause in the deed restrictions, and I'll bring that to the attention of the board. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know what is said.

-Chad
latishaodell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChadHammons wrote:
I think Rob is addressing the speed limit/speed bump issue in another thread, but I'll reiterate that the speed limits are set by the city. We can discuss that more in that thread, I guess.

As far as the parking on the street overnight, I had missed that clause in the deed restrictions, and I'll bring that to the attention of the board. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know what is said.

-Chad

I knew that it was addressed in another thread, I was just pointing out that cars not parked in the driveway isn't as big of a concern as the speeding issue, which is my opinion.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't dispute opinions of importance, but we can discuss multiple issues simultaneously. and this one is an interesting point since it is addressed in the deed restrictions, and thus is something the HOA needs to look into.

And as a follow-up to Robinson's post, the board is looking into this now. Thanks again for pointing that out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: