Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Procedures for accepting bids for HOA services
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Standridges

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob:
I have to disagree with your statement that "all home owner's assocations do this." I for one, have never lived in a community where this happened other than what was organized by the municipality.

Chad:
You asked if I would rather live in a community where I knew all my neighbors. Absolutely I would. An as a matter of fact, I know the majority of my neighbors on a first name basis. On my street we are all pretty close and watch out for each other. And that hasn't cost the HOA a penny.

The point I was trying to make (and perhaps didn't state clearly enough) was that if this is important to the home owners, then they can/will organize and fund it themselves. If however this isn't a priority for us, important enough for us to do it ourselves, then why should it be judged so and funded by the board on our behalf. Please reference my reply to your indian/chief comment. If I am in the minority, then so be it, but if i don't express my thoughts/opinions then how can I expect the board to represent me.

I didn't criticize (or was even aware of) any fee increases. If you will consider the context of my statement, rather than pull it out in an attempt to misrepresent what I said, I was posing a question in reply to your implication (and I am paraphrasing)that we shouldn't worry about what the boards actions are because they aren't spending millions. I was simply asking how much is enough...at what point are we spending enough that we should start caring about what is being done or our behalf and how our funds (the homeowners, not the boards) are being used.

I get the impression that this has become a personal issue with you. I hope this has not devolved to the point of being adversarial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: