Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Park Bench

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CypressVillageResident

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Park Bench Reply with quote

I think it would be nice to have some benches at the park. Is this something that our dues could pay to have installed?
latishaodell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it will be something that the HOA/Board will look into at some point. We first have more immediate needs such as lighting at the entrances. The park is actually belongs to the city of Pearland. We worked with them to get the park put in place and it is a process that is done in phases based on funding and other projects, etc...
Rob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Lighting and Benches Reply with quote

Entrance lighting is sceduled and should be in November. The BOD is meeting with the Director of Pearland Parks and Recreation at the next BOD meeting. The city has money in the budget this year for improvements to our park. Benches definately something we will propose.
CypressVillageResident

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses and all the work you do for our neighborhood.
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: The Park Improvements Reply with quote

OK.

We had a meeting with the Director of Pearland Parks and Recreation on 11/04. They have a generous budget for us with regard to park imporvements. Based on what residents have advised they would like to see in our park, these are some of the things on the list:

Pavillion
Park Benches
Picnic Tables
Basketball Court
Volleyball Court
A walking Path including a path from section I to section II
Back Stop (Baseball)

We probably NOT will get everything on our list account of limited budget, but I expect us to get most of what we want.

We will keep you posted.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Parks people were opposed to putting in basketball courts because it would keep people there after dark? I remember the Pearland PD saying something similar, too. Has their stance on that changed?

Everything else looks good! Did they get the problems with land rights worked out for the path across the county land?
Rob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: BB Goals Reply with quote

Chad,

If we get one, the BB Goals will NOT be lighted and might even only be a half court (depending on budget). As far as their stance, they do not have one really. We had a list of items that normally go in parks our size given to us by the PPR. Based on what residents have told us, we picked from the list. We will see how much of this we get.

One mode of thought. A basketball court will lessen the portable basketball goals in the street.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: