Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I keep vehicles from driving through my FRONT yard!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: How do I keep vehicles from driving through my FRONT yard!! Reply with quote

Any suggestion on what i can put around my entire front yard thats allowed by our deed restrictions, that wont cause me to receive any letters so that I can keep people from driving through it! I live on the end of a cul de sac & it seems that every time a tractor or truck or anyone needs to get into the field, they cut right through my yard to get to it.. not just a little bit, but right through the middle of it, instead of using the "common area". The first time was with Gehan homes, who fixed it by stomping on it & re-soding little patches here & there (my yards still trying to recover from this one), the second incident, we have no idea who ran through our yard, and the latest incident, happened this past Friday while our yard was still saturated after all of the rain we've received. Come to find out, this 3rd incident incident was by our own home owner's association landscapers. I called LPI and they came to check it out. I'm just suppose to let them know if the grass doesnt grow right. We take pride in our home and yard and I'm just flat tired of people using it as a driveway!
latishaodell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with that. I don't know of anything to do but I can honestly say that if that is what LPI said, I'm very disappointed. I've been pleased with them thus far but surely they or the board should be able to tell the lawn company that they are not allowed to do that & there should be some repercussion to them & someone should be fixing your problem & then making sure it doesn't happen again.
ebda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The landscapers were out again this past Friday. Thankfully my husband was home & able to communicate with them in spanish to tell them to stay out of our yard & not to bother coming back there at all to even cut the "common area" as we would maintain it ourself. This SHOULD eliminate us having to worry about the landscapers running through our yard again or mowing into our property. As for the others who've run through the yard, i guess we'll have to be there to catch them in the act and then tell them too. As for the board and LPI, yes, i would have thought someone would have offered some advise as to what we can do, but i guess not. Needless to say, we're thinking about planting lots of hedges & trees pretty soon.
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Lawn Driving Reply with quote

Be advised this has been taken care of with the landscapers. They have been told be careful of moving their equipment across resident's lawns. Yours and your husbands comments have reached the correct ears.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live at the end of Hillock, and this has always been a problem for me. Anyone wanting to get back to creek or park areas from the street always cut through my front yard, inbetween the trees and right next to the porch. They do it so often that I actually have a path beat into the grass. They walk, they ride bikes, and I've had plenty of four wheelers cut through, too.

I asked when I moved in about putting up some little garden fencing and was told no. If there is anything that would work, I'd like to know.

Also, technically, if the fencing was 1" on the other side of the property line, it would be on county land, which is not subject to our deed restrictions. If it was only 1", the county would be unlikely to mow it down, too. I hate to skirt the rules, but it seems to me it might be an option, if you wanted to risk paying for some small barrier that went on the county land.
ebda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: BEYOND FRUSTRATED!! another truck through our yard!!! Reply with quote

seeing that someone has yet again run through our yard with their truck..my husband and i will be trying to come up with a plan to landscape the whole side of our front yard that is next to the field that the association will approve, but will also baracade our yard in to prevent this from happening again. Friday evening close to 9:00 p.m., our neighbors heard a police siren down the road but didnt think much of it. Not long after that they heard a loud vehicle & through their window, saw a truck come from the field with its lights off, cut through our yard & get on the road & took off. They did see the type of vehicle and it was a small ford ranger step side truck. After they called us & when we got outside, the vehicle was long gone, but my husband took a flashlight & tracked the vehicles tracks & evidently they hit the field towards the front of the neighborhood by the 2 story house with the field next to it, came through the fied and saw the opening on our cul de sac & went through our yard to get on the road).

Chad, i know you said something about maybe putting a fence on the county propery.. i'm like you, i didnt want to have to go around the rules or i'm not trying to be difficult, but i'm flat tired of this & i dont know what other option we have. I would ask the homeowners association to consider staggering some trees on the cul de sac for us while we figure out what we can do. Again, we will continue to maintain that property.

any assistance or input or suggestions or ideas anyone has would be appreciated.
Rob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Cars running though lawns Reply with quote

I am seeing what is happening here. I thought this was a bit isolated, it seems we won't be able to end this without road spikes.....just kidding. I will put this on the next board meeting this week. Fencing MAY be an option. Let us look at it.

It seems joyriders are just having too much fun in the fields and drainage areas and using our lawns as entrances and exits.
latishaodell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have noticed some tracks in our lawn/driveway as well this week. Very weird and frustrating. I can only imagine how those of you who have been dealing with this for lots longer are feeling.
ebda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the spikes do sound appeasing... i know its not an option. I appreciate you discussing it at the board meeting & seing what some options are. I enjoy the view & love our lot & location, but never imagined this kind of trouble. PLEASe let me know what you learn & what the options are because i'd like to try & get this done before summer comes around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: