Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some ideas for the newsletter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
latishaodell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Some ideas for the newsletter Reply with quote

I'm not sure when the next newsletter is supposed to come out but a couple of thoughts to touch on would be:

1) Reminders to homeowners that when mowing grass and clippings are to be cleaned up not blown to the street and/or left on the sidewalk. All over one side of Larrycrest just as you round the corner one whole side of the street has clippings in the street.

2) With the nicer weather, more people are out and about & kids are playing. I realize that the speed limit is 30 and there seems to be nothing we can do to change it but a reminder to watch for young ones and those out walking/riding/jogging and slow down as you approach. We were walking one evening and one car literally refused to slow down until I stepped out in front of him.

Thanks.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't actually seen the newsletter in a while. I know the HOA is still paying for it, though.

Am I the only one that hasn't seen a newsletter in a while? I think the last one I received was in the October/November time frame.
steve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Newsletter Reply with quote

I haven't seen it in a while either. I actually had an option for the board. I had one that we wouldn't have to pay for. Really nice and they are active in the communities that they serve. I advertise in it in Shadow Creek. I've given it to the board several times. Doesn't seem to be any interest in looking at it. I think they like paying for one. Go figure.
Robinson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contract for the current newsletter was voted on to be canceled at the last Board meeting. We were presented with other options, a free option and a new website option. Both are currently being reviewed.

Steve, I have attended nearly all the meetings, this is the first time I recall being presented with the new newsletter option. May I ask who exactly you presented this to? (I am asking because you said you have given this 'to the board several times' and this has not been on the agenda and I am unaware of your attempts to present it to the board)
latishaodell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious as to why the board voted to cancel it. I believe it was a great way to keep members informed. Community will not be built by trying something twice and then giving up. I realize it is a time consuming piece; however, there is no reason why only board members need to be involved. We certainly could set up committees. It will take work but once the initial hump is over then it should be "fairly smooth" sailing.

I have always been an active member of the HOA and would really like to see more community built.

Robinson wrote:
The contract for the current newsletter was voted on to be canceled at the last Board meeting. We were presented with other options, a free option and a new website option. Both are currently being reviewed.

Steve, I have attended nearly all the meetings, this is the first time I recall being presented with the new newsletter option. May I ask who exactly you presented this to? (I am asking because you said you have given this 'to the board several times' and this has not been on the agenda and I am unaware of your attempts to present it to the board)
Robinson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of reasons were cost and flexibility of content. It will resurface in a different form. We are looking at a cheaper alternative and/or possibly rolling it into a web format.
latishaodell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern with a web only option is that many won't read it. At least if it arrives via snail mail many are more likely to at least look at it.
latishaodell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also meant to ask what exactly you mean by flexibility of content.

Thanks.
Robinson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we can guarantee that every address will receive the paper version, we have to strike a balance between cost effectiveness and the impact of the newsletter. We tend to get responses and comments from the same people that post on this site.

With many of the canned newsletters, there is boxed content that has to be in the newsletter. Due to proprietary reasons we cannot delete it even when there may be times that we have more content about our community that needs highlighting.

The newsletter will survive in some form. We are looking at the free newsletter option. As you are aware, in addition to this site, we also have the facebook page.
latishaodell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clarifying.
michellelinn

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say the reason the same people post responses/questions on this site is because MOST of the residents of Cypress Village have no clue this is available.

Also, instead of mailing out a newsletter, why can't one be printed on normal paper (as opposed to more expensive card stock paper) and then someone can walk around the neighborhood and put the newsletter rolled up onto each door. Hell, I will walk around and do it...I am training for the Susan G Komen 60 mile, 3 day walk... a few miles around each subdivision would do me some good. Just sayin.
Rob

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Newsletter Reply with quote

We welcome everyone's ideas. Come to the Annual Meeting tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: