Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bids

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michellelinn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Bids Reply with quote

I know that bids have been/are an issue....a suggestion to sort of help that problem would be that Cypress Village HOA post all of the available bids on the website for all to see. That way everyone can check it out. An example would be Pearlands website...

https://customer.ionwave.net/prod/PublicList.aspx?company=pearland&caller=http://cityofpearland.com/bids

There is a link on the main page of the City of Pearlands site on the right side....located at...

http://www.cityofpearland.com/
stevehill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The board does not want the HO seeing what is going on. That is a lot of the problem with the current board.
mikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don’t we just dump this excuse of a board and property management company?
Who hear honestly believes they are for the majority of homeowners? Since I don’t know any of them, nor do I care to, I would be willing to say they were probably picked on as kids all the way throughout their adult lives and probably carry a job where they are not given much authority as well. This is their way of feeling like they are something. Sort of pathetic that they need a volunteer position to feel important. Here is my advice: just quit already. Nobody wants you there.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Michelle's suggestion, the problem with posting the bids is that most of our bids are a closed bid process. And we're too small of an organization to have companies coming to us for business. We always have to solicit bids from companies.

The main problems we've had with bids are who gets selectively chosen to bid for our business. The huge issue bugging most homeowners is conflicts of interest. Even having an open bid process wouldn't help the conflict of interest problem when the board and management company are the source of the conflict of interest, and they're ultimately deciding who to award business to. It might help transparency, though, which does seem to be a problem.

I have previously suggested to the board that we make the forums completely private so that we could post financial information here. That could include bid information.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: