Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eagles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Eagles Reply with quote

I'm sure by now most of the people in our neighborhood have seen the bald eagles we have nesting in our subdivision.

Please be respectful of these birds! Please stay 100 yards away from the eagles and their nest at all times.

There are actually federal laws protecting these bald eagles. Trying to get closer to the birds to take pictures or whatnot is actually considered harassment.

Besides that, if they feel their nest is threatened, they will not return next year. If we leave them alone, we can enjoy them soaring around year after year.

If you do see someone doing something stupid* please contact the US Fish & Wildlife service in Houston. Their number is 281-876-1520.

*this is anything that causes the eagles to fly away from their nest. That includes getting too close, climbing the fence, trying to climb their tree, throwing things at them, or anything that involves running with a camera. I've seen all of those in the past week alone.

Hopefully we'll have signs up next week as a reminder. These eagles are in our subdivision, let's keep them coming back here.

As a note, if the eagles are flying around in circles around their nest, you are too close!!
ebda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is amazing that these majestic birds have chosen our neighborhood to build their nest & we have been enjoying this tremendously!!

However, on the weekends, when the 4 wheelers & go carts are out, these birds are not happy. They'll be in a tree near the nest or in the nest & as soon as these vehicles get close, they take off & fly in a circle & no sooner do they land & get comfortable, then that 4 wheeler or go cart or whatever is coming back by. Stay away from them & that area!

Please, lets respect these birds so that we can continue to enjoy them year after year.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually illegal to ride four-wheelers in that field, even without the eagles. A quick call to Pearland PD usually fixes the problem.
Rob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

I haven't seen them, but have in years past. I am happy we have such a prestigious animal in our neighborhood. I figure a call the U.S. fish and wildlife would also assist with those vehicles illegally riding back there. Have they nested in the trees behind section II? I used to see them in the retention area across Harkey. I have no intention of going to look for them. God Bless!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: