Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Car Breakins in Cypress Village 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Car Breakins in Cypress Village 1 Reply with quote

At 6:30 am April 6th, at least 10 cars were broken into in section 1. Some windows were broken and some were not. They took GPS, Cell Phones and even broke into a Police car and took a service revolver. A home owner did see them and reported it to Pearland PD. It was three African American males about 18-19 years old driving a white Jeep Grand Cherokee. Everyone please be vigilant and watch out for each other. I expect the HOA BOD will be addressing this matter at their next board meeting. I have a few ideas myself. Be safe!
cvresident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Regarding the break in of vehicles in CV I Reply with quote

I know there was once talk of us maybe trying to form a neighborhood watch program. Do you know where we are with that? I know I would be willing to participate as I work from home and try to keep an eye out on things on my block.

Thanks C
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Neighborhood Watch Reply with quote

I work from home also. We need to get our neighborhood together on this. Unfornately there must be a rather high percentage of participation, the number I can't remember. One of the board members was heading this up. Probably the only way this will be able to get done is to go door to door.
steve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to have over 50% participation. We've had sign up sheets at every event including most of the yearly meeting. She has even done some door to door. The response is "I don't want to get involved". I personally don't understand this response. We all should want to be involved and to keep area community safe. I was afraid that with Magnolia opening we would see a rise in crime.
cvresident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Break Ins Reply with quote

yesterday I called Pearland Police because there was a silver mid size suv with 2 passengers a black male and female that drove by my house about 8 times and they were going about 5 miles an hour to slow so I know they were checking things out and probably up to no good. I did run out and snap a picture of their vehicle and printed it out and gave it to the officer. The officer said he will keep driving through CVI and II. My neighbor came out when I was talking to police and he said that he also saw them driving by slow earlier same day 3 different times. It is getting scary around here! Someone tried to break in my house as the doors were all scuffed up at the lock where you could tell someone was trying to get in. Last week my son was watching tv and at 10:30pm someone tried to open my front door and my dog went crazy and they ran off. Like I said I work at home and have a pretty flexible schedule and really would like to participate in a watch program. Thanks Cathy
Rob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Breakins Reply with quote

Damn, I am sorry to hear about the attempted breakins. I know the HOA doesn't want to spend money it does not have to but maybe it is time to look into neighborhood surveilence?
cvresident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: CY Break ins Reply with quote

Is there some way that we can organize a gathering of residents from both CV I & II at the park in CV I and have the pearland police come out and talk to residents? I am up for about anything at this point we have been here 7 years and we NEVER had this problem. Thanks Cathy
Rob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Crime Reply with quote

While I am no longer on the board, I have brought your comments to the attention of the BOD. I know they are talking about a rep from PPD to be at the annual HOA meeting in May.
michellelinn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three days ago there was a gold, older car driving around taking pictures of homes in CV I... I went to get my camera to try and take a picture of the car because I couldn't read its plates from my house but when I got back out it was turning out of the neighborhood. I witnessed it taking pictures of at least 3 houses on Cypress Village Drive.
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: strange Reply with quote

That is strange. We must all continue to be watchful of our neighborhood. I think we need surveillanace cameras.
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Crime Reply with quote

You all will be happy to know that those responsible for those car breakins are in county jail awaiting trial. You also might like to know that Pearland is rated no.5 safest city in the state and is no.20 in the nation.
cvresident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Car break ins Reply with quote

that is awesome they caught the creeps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: