Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog Barks Non-Stop ALL Day!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpshih

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Dog Barks Non-Stop ALL Day! Reply with quote

Every day for the past 6 months or so I am awoken by an annoying yapping little dog across the street at 5:30am until 10:30pm. The owners are not even my front door neighbors...they are the backyard neighbors of my front yard neighbor (if that makes any sense). I spoke to my front door neighbor the end of 2012 and she indicated that she has spoken to other neighbors who are also annoyed. Since she has their phone number, she called and expressed everyone's concern. Nothing changed. Well I decided to finally call the police yesterday evening and reported her. Police showed up and said nobody answered the door. So apparently the neighbor leaves her dog outside ALL day while she is not home. This is the 2nd time police were called out. Officer O'Neil said there's nothing he can do if the owners are not home, but he did witness TWO barking dogs in her yard...it used to be just one. Why even have dogs if you're just going to leave them outside all day??? At this point we need to keep calling the police to come out until they get annoyed and a citation will be issued. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Can the HOA enforce something to get her to shut her dogs up? I have a dog myself and when he starts barking in the backyard, I immediately bring him inside. Some people have no respect for their neighbors. Suggestions welcomed....thanks for reading!
nrobinsonpe

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Dog noise Reply with quote

The Pearland Code of Ordinances specifically references animals as offensive noises. If you need to, refer the police to Section 19-4:

Sec. 19-4. - Acts creating offensive noises.

A person commits an offense by knowingly causing, permitting, or allowing noise of a frequency, volume, or any other nature so as to be offensive to or disturb the ordinary sensibilities of a reasonable and prudent person, from any of the following sources over which the person has control:

(1)
Animals;
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: