Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE PARK IS COMING SEPTEMBER 27th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: THE PARK IS COMING SEPTEMBER 27th Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Cypress Village HOA Board of Directors had a metting with the City of Pearland Parks and Recreation on Thursday July 17th. WE HAVE VERY GOOD NEWS! All going well we should have a Park by Sept.27th.

Schedule:

July 28th - There will be a public meeting at the Community Center at City Hall for ALL residents and their CHILDREN of Cypress Village Sections I & II at 7pm with the Pearland Parks and Recreation (PPR). This meeting's pupose is to get ideas on what is wanted in this park. There is just under $30000 in the budget for this portion of the park that will be built NOW. As part of this is GRANT MONEY, it is imperative that we get as large as a turnout as possible. If we do not, the Park Budget would be reduced accordingly. Flyers and signs will be put up to remind everyone of this meeting.

July 31st - The PPR will then take the community's ideas and send them out for bids.

Aug 14th - Bid Deadline

Aug 15th - A bid will be chosen by PPR

Intention is 5-6 weeks for delivery

Sept. 27th - All going well there will be a community build on the park equipment that has been purchased. This will be all day affair with breakfast and lunch provided. The reason this is a community build is that the more we save, the more equipment we get. Labor is typically about 30% of the cost. More information and dates will follow.

Be it known that the City is agressivley pursueing this park build and wants it completed before October 1st, prior to the next budget year.

ONCE COMPLETED THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE PARK PROJECT.

Our park was originally slated for the budget year of 2010 and still is. What we do not get this year we still may get in 2010.

WE WILL NOT BE GETTING A POOL, as the city will be breaking ground on an indoor pool facility at the corner of Veterans and Bailey January 2009.

I hope everyone is as exceited as I am!
latishaodell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I appreciate all that is being done. I will be out of town until July 30th, on vacation.

I did submit, on behalf of Cypress Village HOA, last June a park proposal. I did this with the help of another resident who lives in Cypress Village 1 and is a sales rep. for park/playground equipment. I can't remember his name right off the top of my head. You can check with Jon Branson to see if he still has that proposal and you all could look over that and go from there.
Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Park Proposal is in Hand Reply with quote

Thanks! I can confirm the the Pearland Parks and Recreation has the proposal. It was a big help in getting this 2008 budget money for the park.
Rob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Park Meeting Recap Reply with quote

The Park build date remains scheduled for September 27th. All information remains the same. Chad will post the "Needs List" for items and services that can be volunteered for the park build. Once we know exactly what kind of playground etc. is ordered, we will post accordingly.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the needs list for the park build day. Please let us know if you (or a company you know) can help out with any of the following:

Project Needs

FOOD
Bottled water
Snacks
Breakfast (for about 75-100)
Lunch (for about 75-100)
Paper products

SAFETY
Goggles/safety glasses
Work gloves
Dust mask
Sun screen
Insect repellant

KID'S ACTIVITIES
crayons
tile/stepping stone project
paints for tile
butcher paper
paper for thank you notes
Big scissors for ribbon cutting
Construction Fencing

PEOPLE
DJ
Trained medical person (first aid certified)
Photographers (2 people on build day)

SIDE PROJECTS
Benches
Picnic table(s)

GENERAL
Trash cans
Recycle containers
Power source (generators)
Tents/shade structures
Port-o-potties
Ice chest(4)
Ice
T-shirt for build day
Name badges

TOOLS/CONSTRUCTION
Construction Fencing
Shovels
Wrenchs
Wheel barrows
Hammers
Bobcat
Auger
Concrete
Tarps
Ladders (6ft)
Surfacing material (engineered wood fiber)
Decomposed granite
Trail edging
Landscape timbers
latishaodell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could provide 1 ice chest with ice and I'd be happy to help with the name tags or let me know what you're wanting with those.

I will also see what else I can come up with.
Rob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Great Help Reply with quote

Latisha,

Coordinate with Michelle Smith at Pearland Parks and Recreation for all preparations.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: