Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Object thrown at Window!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adanas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Object thrown at Window!! Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and I'm glad I found it, as I think is the best way to communicate with our neighbors. Yesterday Monday June 15th around 6:15am someone threw a full can of “chili” through our living room window breaking the glass.

Around 5:30am I heard an unfamiliar noise, walked inside my house checking garage & kitchen, looked out the front window checked on the vehicles and did not see anything out of the ordinary; never did I think of going out to the side of the house! Apparently the noise I heard was a couple of eggs been thrown at my roof and bricks near the living room window.

I left to work around 6:15am and 10 minutes later I received a call from my oldest daughter telling me someone had thrown a can through the living room window breaking the glass.

The police said there was nothing they could really do unless they had a witness or leads to anyone. They took the can to test for finger prints but that’s about it. They think perhaps was a juvenile prank, but breaking the window went a little too far.

We live on a corner lot and are aware that it tends to be more risky than regular lots. Have been living here 4.5 years, we always keep to ourselves and have never had any major problems with anyone. This is a very upsetting situation as we are now paranoid wondering if it will happen again, especially because my husband is often away due to his line of work.

I just want to alert everyone as this is a very serious issue. We are not sure if this was meant particularly for my family OR if this person(s) will go doing further damages to other houses or vehicles around the area. It is sad to think that Pearland is becoming a bad/dangerous place to raise a decent family.
Standridges

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you live, but a few months ago, there were several incidents on Mahogany Trail. Some of my neighbors had someone banging on their bedroom window (in their gated back yard) in the middle of the night, another saw someone peeking through their front window in the very early AM, another had an attempted break in on their truck, another had someone looking around under their front mat and in their flower beds as if searching for a hidden key (again in the wee hours of the morning)

This all occured in the weeks preceding the police standoff and attempted car jacking on Magnolia. I am not aware of any incedents since then, with the exception of your own. And I am assure they are unrelated, but there may be an emerging pattern, that I find disturbing.

What can we as a community do to request an increase of patrols through our community by PPD?
latishaodell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry that happened to you. I agree with the previous poster, I don't know where you live so I can't help.

In response to Standridges, about what we can do, is to write letters requesting increased patrols and work on setting up the neighborhood watch. I wasn't aware of any of those happenings on your street & I live on Larrycrest. Perhaps we can post these incidents as they occur and those of us who do use the site can be informed.
adanas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize, haven't been checking my messages lately. We live in CP I, Cypress Village Ct. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: