Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

car parked in backyard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edchapa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: car parked in backyard Reply with quote

Rob,

My back neighbor has an old, beat up car parked in their backyard. It really is an eye sore. I would like to know what the policy is regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Ed
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Car in Backyard Reply with quote

Ed,

If the car is in the backyard and out of sight behind his fence, I do not believe there is really any violation there. I will double check this and get back to you.
steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: car in backyard Reply with quote

I've been trying to figure out the best way to respond to this. I'm pissed that anybody is even bringing up anything that is or has happened in my backyard. The restriction say that as long as it can't be seen over the fence line that I am in compliance. The car doesn't run right now so I can't park it on the driveway or the street. That would be in violaiton. This was a temporary thing until the parts get here(since it is a classic I can't just run down the street and buy parts). As soon as they do it will be moved so that we can start the restoration. Not that it is any of your business.
The deed restrictions do say something about structures that can be seen over the fence line. Like the top three feet of your kids play set.
rubi476

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would appreciate if you would refrain from bringing my kids up!!!!!!
This post by my husband is in no way a means for you to get ugly. We are asking because it does look bad and if we ever have any potential home buyers, then this will OBVIOUSLY be a negative for us. We have never complained about anything and yes we do have swing sets, along with 25% of community. Stuff like that does not bother us just like the trampoline you had that was about 3 feet above fence did not bother us. Just know that we are not out to be mean and if policy allows you to have the car in your backyard then it is something we have to live with, even though it does not favor us when trying to sell our home.
steve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: car in backyard Reply with quote

I'm not trying to be ugly. I was trying to make a point. We can't pick and choose what is enforced and what is not. I had to get approval for my trampoline to be there. The board at that time was going to make me take it down because I didn't have permission for it to be there. There are a lot of things that have been done by a lot of H/O's that can be seen by everybody that isn't within the restrictions. According to the restrictions you can't even have a bike stored in the backyard. I've seen those in your backyard. Is that any of my business? No it isn't. I think that as long as it can't be seen from the street and it meets city code it's nobodies business. The car I have found out is in violation but I can fix it fairly easily to where it isn't in violation and still be there in sight. I'm not going to do that unless I need to... It was never the plan for it to be there long term. It is a classic so I can't just go and get parts. As soon as the parts get here it will be moved.
rubi476

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways....I don't have time to argue....thank you Rob for looking into this and whatever the policies are regarding having a car parked on grass will definitely be accepted and respected by my husband and I. Once again thanks for all of your hard work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: