Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEYOND FRUSTRATED... another vehicle ran through our yard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: BEYOND FRUSTRATED... another vehicle ran through our yard. Reply with quote

seeing that someone has yet again run through our yard with their truck..my husband and i will be trying to come up with a plan to landscape the whole side of our front yard that is next to the field that the association will approve, but will also baracade our yard in to prevent this from happening again. Friday evening close to 9:00 p.m., our neighbors heard a police siren down the road but didnt think much of it. Not long after that they heard a loud vehicle & through their window, saw a truck come from the field with its lights off, cut through our yard & get on the road & took off. They did see the type of vehicle and it was a small ford ranger step side truck. After they called us & when we got outside, the vehicle was long gone, but my husband took a flashlight & tracked the vehicles tracks & evidently they hit the field towards the front of the neighborhood by the 2 story house with the field next to it, came through the fied and saw the opening on our cul de sac & went through our yard to get on the road).

Chad, i know you said something about maybe putting a fence on the county propery.. i'm like you, i didnt want to have to go around the rules or i'm not trying to be difficult, but i'm flat tired of this & i dont know what other option we have.. maybe we can talk. I would ask the homeowners association to consider planting some trees (stagarring them) on the cul de sac for us while we figure out what we are going to do. Again, we will continue to maintain that property, cut the grass, etc., i'm just asking for a few trees to maybe help with the situation.
any assistance or input or suggestions or ideas anyone has would be appreciated.
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BEYOND FRUSTRATED... another vehicle ran through our yar Reply with quote

I'd definitely caution you to talk to the current HOA board and management company before putting up any barriers. Think of it this way... if someone had a problem with kids jumping their fence to play in their pool in their backyard, that isn't quite justification to break the deed restrictions by raising your fence to be 9' tall.

Don't get me wrong, I understand, having had four wheelers go through my yard all the time.

Did you call the police about the car going through your yard? For legal issues, the police should always be the default people to call. Hopefully they'll be able to do something.

Past that, you could contact LPI or the current board to see about the tree possibility. Good luck, and let us know what you find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: