Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minutes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Minutes Reply with quote

The board has a letter on the home page that they are working to make the board more transparent. If that is the case why are they so far behind posting the minutes. Also, why are the mintues so vague as to what was done during the meetings. As why do the dates of the meeting keep changing with no notice to the homeowners. I know many home owners that have been wanting to attend but since the meetings aren't being held regulerly they can't. Transparent???

Steve
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Minutes Reply with quote

This frustrates me, too. I have sent many emails requesting minutes to be posted. We finally got several copies of minutes in January of this year, and I just received January and February. I'll post them shortly. We're still missing months, but I'm guessing the board didn't meet those months.

I would like the board to be very transparent. I'm not seeing that. These minutes don't tell me what the board is working on. Having talked to some of the people in section I who talk to the board, I know there's a lot more going on than what is in these minutes. That's very frustrating.

The meetings move around, and I have tried to attend one, only to find no one there. The meetings were supposed to be a set time every month so that homeowners would know when/where to attend. That's not happening.

From the meeting minutes I'm about to post, you'll see more general entries that don't go into a lot of detail. Then again, the meeting was only 10 minutes long, so not exactly a lot of stuff can get done in those 10 minutes. I really hope the board is working on more than just putting in a couple of sidewalk pieces.

I'd also like to see copies of all the new documents the board just ratified put on the website. I'll request those.
steve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Minutes Reply with quote

Thanks, for the response Chad. I believe the board isn't being more transparent because they aren't doing what the people want. I know of several issues that go directly against what people have said they want. I think that if they would consistently have the meetings when and where they are supposed to be that more people would be voicing their displeasure in the board. As I understand there have been several times that LPI couldn't be there so they cancelled the meeting. I'm sorry he works for us. The meeting has a set time every month. Be there are go find another job. I feel that the board has forgotten that he works for us.
I could ramble some more but I won't. I can't wait for May, if that doesn't get pushed back also. If I remember right those meetings were supposed to be in February not May.
Rob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Resident complaints Reply with quote

The board would like to hear your specific complaints.

You are right that the annual meeting used to be in February. Thanks to our previous managemet company Houcomm, they dropped the ball. In order not to have an annual meeting not be held only nine months after the previous, we kept them at May.

As for the monthly meetings, we have had last minute cancellations due to not having quorom. And on one occasion, LPI's rep was having major surgery. I am sorry we were not able to notify anyone of this.

I will look into the continuity/details of the minutes.

Thanks.
Rob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Minutes Reviewed Reply with quote

I have reviewed the minutes from the last few months. They appear to be clear and concise. If there is something you have knowledge of that has occurred during these board meetings that was not posted, please feel free to call us out on it, and we will address it.
Robinson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there has been a "10 minute meeting". What homeowners need to be aware of is that we receive the meeting agenda sometimes days before the meeting. The agenda is formed based on topics the board members are currently discussing. Items are also added as homeowners make suggestions or requests.

The 10 minute meeting was the first meeting coming back from the holidays so there weren't many agenda items, and the topics for the meeting had already been discussed informally.

As soon as the 10 minute board meeting adjourned, we went into an executive session. This meeting was also attended by the new attorney for the HOA to address multiple issues concerning residents and reviewing HOA filings. We set out to finish the board meeting quickly to take advantage of the attorney who was present.

What we can do to make the process better is post the meeting changes here as they become known. Homeowners are welcome to attend the board session but not the executive session. If there is a homeowner that wants to come speak to the board, please contact LPI to get on the agenda. This also assists in being notified of meeting changes as you will be contacted directly.

If you have specific suggestions, please let us know. Remember the meeting minutes are a short summary as opposed to a dictation.
steve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What needs to happen is that the meeting don't need to change unless there is an emergency. Major surgery ok. From what I've heard is that it wasn't even surgery. It was having some tests done and didn't feel like coming. First off those tests could have been scheduled differently. Second off, is there nobody else that could have attended. If you want HO participation these meeting and the annual meetings should be carved in stone and doesn't change unless it is a true emergency.
Making very clear and plain to the homeowners that there is a meeting. I don't believe most even know there is a forum What's wrong with posting a sign at the entrances that says "Board Meeting this Thursday" or "Annual Community Meeting this ______". If you really want them involved make sure they know about it. While delivering cookies I've had probably a half dozen people that have told me they wanted to go but either didn't know when or the last couple of times that they tried to go it was cancelled. So they stopped trying to go.
Lastly an agenda posted at least a week ahead of time. This way people would know what was going on and they could decided if they wanted to go. Things like those stupid lights could have been discussed. The community could have a voice on this park and it could be documented how we feel. Raising of dues. This one really should have community involvement. Ya'll are spending like drunken sailors. Cut expenses not raise dues. Really that was the only answer. Enforement of rules consistently and fairly. I think that ya'll would probably have really good turn out on that one.
We said that when we first started the "spring fling" that we wanted to have community that was engaged. Not just once a year but all of the time. The board isn't doing anything to encourage that. Be more transparent the way letter on the home page says you are trying to be.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: