Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moldy houses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Moldy houses Reply with quote

Is something going to be done about homeowners being told to wash all the mold off their houses? If you drive around or just go for a walk there are dozens of houses that have thick layers of mold. It is very unsightly. I know that the Magnolia side will be open soon and a lot of people will be driving past and seeing a whole row of houses that are filthy. Makes the neighborhood look bad. Comments? I know I cant be the only one who thinks this?
Robinson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notices have gone out to homeowners. The management company will be monitoring for compliance.

Anthony
astros08

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering what sort of enforcement takes place to make sure the homeowners comply? Magnolia is now open to traffic and the same row of houses have the same amount of disgusting looking mold on them. The two story homes that back up against Magnolia should be highly embarrassed how their homes look. So the last reply was notices went out and that was 5 weeks ago. So i was just wondering what sort of enforcement does the HOA have to make sure they get cleaned up?
Rob

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Moldy Houses Reply with quote

The homeowners receive one letter per month (for three months) until they resolve the matter. If they do not resolve, then it goes to the attorneys. It is a lengthy process we know, but we have to follow the rules.
steve

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a first!Following rules...
astros08

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing up. I hope those homeowners decide to clean up the apperance of their houses before 3 months.
But, just for further clarification after the 3 months and as you state the lawyers get involved..... does that mean the HOA hires somebody to come powerwash their house and send them a bill or can it escalate all the way to taking their property?
Rob

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Moldy Houses Reply with quote

I don't know if we could power wash the houses as there would be liability issues. At our board meeting next week we will discuss this procedure with regard to "after the attorney receives the deed violation". We will then post the "Official Procedures" for all to view.

Best Regards,
astros08

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if the "Official Procedures" were going to be posted as stated? Because we are now at the 3 month window of warning letters being sent and we still have the same houses with the same mold all over them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: