Cypress Village HOA Forum Index Cypress Village HOA
A forum for our community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neighborhood going downhill!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jojo1977

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Neighborhood going downhill!!! Reply with quote

I was wondering what is the policy if any on cars being parked on the wrong side of the road overnight, blocking stop signs, cars intentionally blocking sidewalks of children who are walking to and from schools, and cars parked on the street. This make it extremly difficult to back up when their are two car directly behing my drive way at all times. This is becoming frustrating and has been the case for the two years I have lived here. PLease advise, these cars are in Cypress Village 2, and on Lamppost street on the end
steve

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more of a city issue from what I understand. Pearland PD responds very well when called.
Rob

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Code Enforcement Reply with quote

Call Pearland Code Enforcement for these issues.
nrobinsonpe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Not code enforcement; deed restrictions. Reply with quote

Sorry for being so late to this party.

The parking issue has irked me for years and I'm a little perturbed to see this passed off as a Code Enforcement issue. There is a deed restriction (section 2.02) that prohibits overnight parking on neighborhood streets (as well as prohibits boats, trailers, etc. anywhere in view.) If our HOA/property management company can enforce restrictions on yards out of compliance, we could let a towing company enforce a no parking 3-6 am policy (which I've seen in use in other cities.)
ChadHammons
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit of a disconnect between what the people who wrote our deed restrictions thought, and the reality of our subdivision. The streets are actually owned by the City, and thus are not subject to the restrictions placed on the deed to your personal property.

It's not that the HOA is "passing off" the issue as code enforcement. It just is the reality of the situation. It is a city code enforcement issue, not a deed restriction issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cypress Village HOA Forum Index -> Suggestions & Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: